March 15, 2021
Editor's Note: Below is a copy of the exact same email message regarding this week's return to school that was sent to the parent community by Tom Domer on Saturday March 13, 2021. No content has changed in this message.
Please also note the CMS PTA is working in partnership with Tom to centralize COVID & Schedule related messaging on the Central Website. Thank you for your patience, and stay tuned for more information later this week!
duplicate message from 3/13/21 starts here:
Hello CMS Parents,
For those of you who are sending your children to school in person this coming week, I am very much looking forward to seeing them in person. I am sure I will not recognize many of them, both because they have grown so much and because they will be behind a mask. Please know that we have been working very hard to prepare our campus and our classrooms to keep your children safe.
I have a few reminders for you in preparation for orientation week:
- If you have not done so already, please do a trial run for Fever Free this weekend. If you have a problem contact:
- Fever Free Support - Support@Feverfree.ai or call (323) 347-7691
- Instructions and tutorial videos are at SCSDK8.org. Look under the Parents/Community tab -COVID 19 Resources for Families. There is a lot of good information here.
- Students have been sent the bell schedules (6th Grade Schedule 7th/8th Grade Schedule) and should know where to go and when. Please ask them to make sure. If you have any questions please reach out to your child’s Advisory teacher.
- Remember, no parents will be permitted on campus.
- It is imperative that you come on time because we need to check to see if Fever Free has been completed.
- Students who have not completed Fever Free will be sent home to do so. We cannot allow any student on campus who has not completed the screener.
- Make sure students have a mask. It is a good idea to have an extra mask. We have masks on campus in case a student forgets one.
- Make sure your child brings a water bottle filled with water.
- Students must go home as soon as school is over.
- Have your student dress in layers- windows will be open for air circulation. It may be hot or it may be cold. Air purifiers will also be running at full capacity.
- Please have a discussion with your children about the Four Pillars of Safety for a Safe Return to School.
For those families who are continuing with online learning, your child’s classes will not change, but the times may change. Please make sure you are familiar with the bell schedule. We have created activities for our Connections kiddos to do while students are on campus.
If you have any questions, please reach out to your student’s Advisory teacher. I have been looking forward to this week for a very long time - we are ready!
Student and Community COVID19 Testing to Keep Our Kids on Campus
Please take advantage of the no cost surveillance COVID-19 testing provided by the San Mateo County Health Department.
Please sign up for weekly testing for yourself and your child. Contact your health provider for a test if you have symptoms or know you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
Keeping COVID cases off of our campuses will keep our in person learning possible. As a reminder, if a student or or teacher tests positive for COVID, we will need to transition that cohort back to distance learning for at least two weeks to avoid spreading the virus.
Sign up at one of the following locations to begin your regular weekly testing:
Central Middle School - Thursdays, 1:00-7:00 pm Register Here
Other Community Based Testing sites in San Mateo County Here
San Carlos Education Foundation (SCEF)
Meet summer camps at the Virtual Camp Fair on March 20. Join online to hear their plans for in-person summer camps. RSVP and you'll get a chance to win a free week of camp! Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1311271832568809
Save the Date: Sunday, April 25th @ 5pm is the Virtual SCEF Gala. Silent and Live Auction, Fund-A-Need, prize drawings and more! Stay tuned for more information as the date approaches. All of our upcoming events are always featured here: https://scefkids.org/upcoming-events/.
Congratulations to the Tom Mohr Champions of Education honorees! SCEF supporters Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Jan Kang and Jim Kirchner, and Harvest Furniture were recognized at the San Mateo County Chamber of Commerce Annual Awards and Recognition Luncheon earlier this month. Visit the SCEF website for the lovely tribute: https://scefkids.org/2021-chamber-awards/
High School Happenings
Sequoia High School
Carlmont High School
Design Tech High School