At Central, in addition to the staff positions funded by SCEF this year, your donations provided:
- On-line learning tools such as IXL, Newsela, and Read Naturally. These programs provide teachers with additional resources to provide support the diverse needs of all of our learners.
- New classroom libraries needed for our Lucy Calkin's readers and writers workshops which provides voice and choice over what our students read
- Access to a wide variety of sports equipment for PE as well as for our lunch and recess play times making kinesthetic learning more fun and valuable.
- Professional development for teachers around Restorative Justice Circles and PBIS as well Fair Grading Practices creating a culture of equity at Central. And, new this year, WEB-Where Everybody Belongs--a program that provides leadership opportunities for our older students and support for our younger ones.
- Nearly all of our funding needed to provide one-on-one technology access for our students allowing students access to 21st century curriculum.
Thank you for your donations to SCEF which help us encourage excellence in education.