It’s summer time, as the heat wave indicates! But before we head off to our vacations, I would like to reflect on everything we have accomplished this year. It is a strange feeling the day after school gets out. The campus is quiet and while we pack-up our classrooms we already miss our students and look forward to the new group that will be walking through the doors in August. We are exhausted, but we are also excited. We are relieved but also a little bit sad. We are off to a well deserved summer break, and I will remember each and every student, the community we have built, and all of our successes and challenges. I also know that the difficult times have lead to the most significant growth.
The transition into summer gives us a natural opportunity to pause and acknowledge everything that we have done this year. Our students are not the same people they were when they came to us at the beginning of the year. They have grown in every way possible. I would like to thank every person who has assisted in the development of our students. It is hard work, but it is the most important work we can do. Thank you and have an amazing summer.
As a reminder, Tuesday is a minimum day. Students will be released at 1:15pm.
I am very excited to announce our new Co-Presidents for Central: Michelle Chang and Kate Dickman. Please join me in welcoming them to the Central Arroyo PTA Board and thanking them for taking on this important role. If you are interested in an open position for PTA, please contact Lucrecia Boswell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Attention Ultimate Frisbee Fans
After visiting some of our PE classes earlier this school year, the San Jose Spiders Ultimate Frisbee Team has donated tickets that are good for any of their 3 remaining home games this season. They play at Foothill College Stadium at 7pm on June 15th, June 22nd, and July 6th. Each family ticket is good for up to 4 people at any home game, come by the front office to pick them up! -Mr. Lamb
We are already thinking about next year’s laundry. Below is the sign up link for PE Laundry help for next year. Please consider helping out.
Thanks so much,
Arroyo CMS PTA
I am very excited to announce our new Co-Presidents for Central: Michelle Chang and Kate Dickman. Please join me in welcoming them to the Central Arroyo PTA Board and thanking them for taking on this important role. If you are interested in an open position for PTA, please contact Lucrecia Boswell
Free Bike Safety Workshop
Please join us at Tierra Linda on Saturday, June 15 at 1:30 PM for a fun Bike Rodeo and bike blender smoothie station. This event will consist of a brief safety talk, a challenging bike course, and a snail race that focuses on balance and control. RSVP: http://evite.me/NXk8F1y5bm
Thank you for completeing your InfoSnap Online Registation for next year. We use this information to form our classes and hire teachers. If you are not planning to attend one of the San Carlos School District Schools next year, please notify your school secretary so we can have accurate enrollment numbers for August.
Don't Let This Year Pass You By - SCEF Fiscal Year Ends June 30th
Strong Schools = Strong Communities. Thanks to everyone who donated during our May campaign. Please join your neighbors and friends in supporting San Carlos public schools. Every dollar donated in June will help restore library hours and other school programs impacted by the recent budget cuts. You can make a real difference in the lives of our students. Donate today! www.scefkids.org/donate
If you have already donated, check out our donor roll draft here: https://www.scefkids.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/2018-19-DonorRoll_draft_060419.pdf
This draft includes all donations received between July 1, 2018 and May 31, 2019. Donations received between now and June 30, 2019 (the end of our fiscal year) will be included in our final published donor roll this fall. If you see an issue with your family’s entry (we've been known to misspell names before), please contact us at email@example.com we can make any needed corrections.
How Do SCEF Funds Impact Programs at Your School? Hear From Your Principal Tom Domer
At Central, in addition to the staff positions funded by SCEF this year, your donations provided:
- On-line learning tools such as IXL, Newsela, and Read Naturally. These programs provide teachers with additional resources to provide support the diverse needs of all of our learners.
- New classroom libraries needed for our Lucy Calkin's readers and writers workshops which provides voice and choice over what our students read
- Access to a wide variety of sports equipment for PE as well as for our lunch and recess play times making kinesthetic learning more fun and valuable.
- Professional development for teachers around Restorative Justice Circles and PBIS as well Fair Grading Practices creating a culture of equity at Central. And, new this year, WEB-Where Everybody Belongs--a program that provides leadership opportunities for our older students and support for our younger ones.
- Nearly all of our funding needed to provide one-on-one technology access for our students allowing students access to 21st century curriculum.
Thank you for your donations to SCEF which help us encourage excellence in education.
Celebrate the End of the School Year with your San Carlos Friends and the San Francisco Giants - FRIDAY June 14th
Join parents and community members for 2019 San Carlos Night at SF Giants.
- Take the train and enjoy the trip! More Information here: http://www.caltrain.com/Assets/_Marketing/pdf/2019+Giants+Brochure.pdf
- Hear our students sing the National Anthem before the game.
- Watch the Giants take on the Milwaukee Brewers-- game time is 7:15 P.M.
- We are sitting in the bleachers this year--socialize, play and stay after the game for FIREWORKS!!!
Giants tickets are still available at the San Carlos Youth Center at Burton Park. Cash or check only.
High School Happenings
Sequoia High School
There is a summer program available for anyone interested in playing football. It will be held at Sequoia High School from June 17th thru July 26th. Contact Rob Poulos (email: FastFootballLLC@gmail.com or cell: 925-577-7696) for details and to register.
Sequoia High School website: http://www.sequoiahs.org
Carlmont High School
Carlmont High School website: http://carlmonths.org